Monday, January 21, 2008

Universe tilt

A comfort mandate dictated the purchase of a new chair and now my decorating universe is in a state of confusion. I'm not sure I like this interloper in leather, large and imposing in my once peaceful room. The other furniture is on guard, worrying it is destined to move or be sent away to Goodwill land. Meanwhile, the new chair demands new pillows and a throw minus dog hair to grace its kingly presence. Outside the wind howls and the mercury dips into the 20's prompting the dogs to insist on more trips beyond the rattling doors into the deep freeze just for the fun of it. The trip to the furniture store got my creative juices flowing, though, and I hope I can get some work done this week. There is a treasure trove of junk in the shop just waiting for a good sanding, some new paint and gleaming hardware.

No comments: